Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- NAN Liang Pajama Sets for Women, Long Sleeves Pajama Set, Ladies Pyjama Sets, Women Sleepwear 2 Pieces Nightwear and Pants Pyjama Set Soft (Size XXL)
- Paper Dolls Womens Ladies Melbourne One Shoulder Lace Maxi Dress
- RAGNO Trouser Long Pants Women Item 70714S Denim SIGARETTA
- Sellse Women's Linen Cotton Long Sleeve Casual Dress Maxi Clothing
- Swimming Fitness Series Solid color Slim Thin Fashion Leisure Training Conservative Covering Women's One Piece Swimsuit
- VERO MODA Womens Sunny Stripe Culotte Pant Casual Pants
- We Be Bop Womens Batik Plus Size Napali New Tunic Top 0 X 1X 2 X 3X 4 X 5X 6X
- 100% Lambswool Men and Women Scarfs Winter Solid Soft Warm Scarves Wrap 70 x 12
- XJLY Straps Spaghetti & Half Sleeves Knee Length Short Wedding Dresses Garden Beach Country Bridal Gowns
- ADVANSYNC Black Grads Matter Class of 2019 Kente Cloth Graduation Stole and Our Daily Bread Book
- Bardot Women's Mariana Lace Dress Patriot bluee XLarge
- bluee Eyekepper Ladies Beaded Front Short Long Back Prom Evening Gown Party Dress
- Classyak Women's Terminator Black Real Leather Jacket
- DINGZAN Cute Organza and Lace Mini Pageant Homecoming Prom Dresses
- FDRGH& New Miegofce New Winter Women's Jacket Coat Simple Women Parkas Warm
- GUESS Womens Long Sleeve Addson Romper Rompers
- Honeydress Women's Organza Ruffles Mermaid Long Ball Gowns Wedding Gorgeous Evening Dress
- Jumpsuit, VNeck Print Casual Summer Female High Waist Holiday Short Jumpsuit Pants Tide (Size L)
- Light bluee Trendy USA 775 Women's TShirt Stark Targaryen Game of Thrones Election
- MAZF Women Winter Warm Down Coat Hooded Zipper Parka Casual OuterwearRED
- New Womens Motorcycle Genuine Sheep Leather Party Jacket LFW261
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.