Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- OCEAN LEAF 18kt gold PLATED STUD OPAL EARRINGS
- Only Women's 15167603blueE bluee Polyester Shirt
- Purple Sports Bra ShockProof Gathering Yoga Adjustable Rear Buckle Professional Running Training Fitness Sports Bra,Red,S
- Salome Idea Women's V neck Elegant Dress, 1 2 Sleeve Dress
- Style & Co. Womens Eyelet Knit Tunic Sweater bluee M
- Ulla Popken Women's Plus Size Zip Up Fleece Sweatshirt 719233
- Weiwei Women's Silk Shawl Silk Scarf Send Friends and Family 180CM65CM
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings R7CT0D Pig Skull Head
- XIURONG Silk Dress Summer Loose Mulberry Silk Mama Dress Women's Dress
- AIK Small Evening Bags for Women Crossbody Bag Chain Shoulder Clutch Purse Formal Bag
- BCBGeneration Womens Standard Ruffle Front Aline Dress
- bluee 1 belamo Women's Compression Yoga Pants Tummy Control Leggings Workout Running Pants
- Champagne Beautydress Two Pieces Short Prom Gowns Top Beaded Girls Homecoming Dress
- Democracy Women's 3 4 SLV Scoop Neck Screen Tee
- Evening Bag Women;S Evening Bag Embroidery for Wedding Event Party All Seasons Black Red Royal bluee Party Handbag (color Black)
- Gown Anarkali Dresses for women Salwar Kameez Ceremony Patyala Punjabi 745 12
- Inc International Concepts Cream Plus Size Hooded Jacket Msrp
- Kelaixiang Womens Elegant 2 3 Sleeves 2pcs Long Dresses for Party Cocktail Wedding Wear
- LKCENCA Women's Warm Stand Neck Packable Down Parka Vest Jackets
- MINGXINTECH Women Real Rabbit Fur Watch Cap with Fox Fur Balls Flap Beanie
- Norma Kamali Womens Butterfly Mio One Piece Swimsuit
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.