Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Ellen Tracy Womens Standard High Neck OnePiece Swimsuit Bathingsuit
- Gery jxfd Women's Faux Suede Outerwear Jacket with FauxShearling Lined Coats
- Hyy Scarf Scarf Women'S Winter Wild Long Thick Shawl DualUse
- Karen Kane Womens Plus Jersey Floral Print Cocktail Dress
- Lingerie, Sleep & Lounge Ladies' Pajamas Skirts Comfortable Homewear Sexy Lace Transparent Straps Nightdress Temptation + Panties (color Red, Size L)
- Miaolian Long Sleeveless Women's Beaded Tulle Bridal Gowns Dress Prom Dress L2015
- Navy Hooded Terry Bathrobe, Full Length 52 Inches, Unisex Design
- Outdoor Hat Winter Cotton Hat Women's Imitation Fur Lei Feng Hat Thick Warm Cycling Hat Northeast Windproof Hat
- Quilted Jacket Wallet to Overcome Winter New 90% White Duck Down Slim Jacket Warm Thin Thin Short Down Jacket (color Green, Size L)
- S & S Combo Offers Pack of Red and White Cotton Patiala Salwar
- STEVEN by Steve Madden Everly Cross Body Handbag
- TYR Adult Alliance TSplice Maxfit Swimsuit
- 110 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots G4IL1 Cowboy Hats
- Angel Bride 2016 Hot Sales OneShoulder Evening Dress Sexy Formal Military Gown
- Wine Cherokee Infinity Women's Round Neck Top 2624A & Drawstring Pant 1123A Scrub Set
- Yilian 2019 Wedding Dresses Long Sleeve Lace Appliques Bateau Neck Ruffles Bridal Gowns
- BCBGeneration Womens Mini Dress Dress
- bluee Wing Teal Dusty bluee Stripe North Face Women's TechOsito Jacket
- Classic Camo Lucky Brand Womens Camo Boyfriend Utility Pant Pants
- Dilly Fashion Cashmere Blanket Scarf with Pompon Black Warm Pocket Shawl for Women
- FB Jewels Solid Sterling Silver Baby shoes Charm
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.