Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Flying colors Junior Cut Florida State University Game Girl Dress
- French Connection Womens Satin Spaghetti Strap Slip Dress
- HEYJIE Evening Clutch Bag Oil Wax Canvas Tote Bag Europe and America Trends Shoulder Bags Sack Bags Purse Handbag (color Coralbluee)
- Josie Natori Womens Sweet Street Wrap Bathrobe
- Leopard Print Coffee Women's Spring Winter Warm Blanket Poncho Cape Stylish Cardigan Sweater Soft Chunky Cloak Plaid Wrap Shawl Coat
- Material Girl Active Juniors' LaceTrim Hoodie
- Nanquan Women Cargo Military Thick Parka Winter Mid Long Quilted Coat
- Peach, White 25 Da Facioun Indian Women Designer Latest Fancy Party Wear Heavy Kaftan
- Red 1 YOFEEL Women's Off Shoulder Short Sleeve Ruffles Lace Maternity Gown Maxi Photography Dress
- Rust to Peony Ombre Young Fabulous & Broke Womens Naomi Top Blouse
- Steampunk Gothic Dark Women Stage Slim Black Leather Skirt
- Twisted Freshwater Cultured Pearl Solitaire Earrings for Women with Diamond Ribbon
- 14k Yellow gold Heart CZ Dangle Earrings (35 x 15 mm)
- Angelina 6Pack Lace Detail BackSmoothing Bra
- Winme Women Embroidered Fashion Party Bodycon Dress Photography Dress
- Yisha Bello Women's V Neck Lace Evening Formal Dress Long Sleeve Open Back Maxi Dress
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue Women's Take It Easy Tank Dress Swim Cover up
- Bright gold ToonySume Women's Mermaid Sequined Prom Gown Formal Evening Dress for Wedding
- Comfy Women's Long Sleeve DoubleBreasted Cowboy Trenchcoats Jacket
- DR. MA& x306E;GOTEK Camisoles Builtin Shelf Bras, Comfortable Padded Bra Women Cami, Adjustable Straps Tank Top
- Floerns Women's Ruffle Sleeve Knee Length Bodycon Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.