Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 40 PCS Keyring Car Door Key Ring Tag Chain Keychain Wholesale Suppliers Charms Handmade V4RZ0 Pirate Skull Signs
- Armani Jeans Women's MCBI37536 White Cotton Jeans
- BLACK Congreenible Leather Backpack for Women Black Travel Versatile Shoulder Bags (Black)
- Black White Abstract Printed Thick Small Silk Square Scarf
- CG Women's Evening Dress Off Shoulder Halter Long Fishtail Formal Prom Gowns Holiday Dress J0520
- Tsbridal Beaded Prom Dress 2018 Side Split Deep V Neck Prom Dresses
- White Sundays findersKEEPERS Womens Sleeveless Casual Short Fashion Mini Dress Dress
- XIURONG Summer Cotton Dress Dress Female Irregular Loose
- DEMEY Women's Printed Tankini Boyshort Two Piece Swimsuit(17376)
- Ella Moss Womens Velvet Long Sleeves Bomber Jacket
- GenericWomen Winter Hooded Metallic Padded Puffer Jacket Coat Outerwear
- Hiuwa Womens Denim Jacket Casual Hole Oversize Vintage Top
- Js26111b Medium Denim Instar Mode Womens Mid Waist Casual Denim Shorts
- Liangjinsmkj Women's Bohemian Wedding Dresses Country Style Lace Bridal Gown Backless Vestido De Noivas
- Magicsuit Women's Magic Solids One Piece Wide Strap Tank Swimsuit
- Nafanio Womens Big Straw Hat Handmade Imported Lafite Ladies Sunscreen Hat
- Pandapang Women Floral Printed Irregular Pleated Patchwork Swing Cheongsam Summer Dresses
- RADYMAN Pin Buckle Male Female Belts Ceinture Femme Cuir Unique Vintage Designer
- Sarahbridal Womens Sweetheart Formal Evening Dresses Strapless Long Prom Bridesmaid Gowns
- Summer sweet printed ladies vest cotton home clothing suit ( color Pink , Size M )
- UONBOX Women's gold Mesh Maxi Fashion Bodycon Club Party Pants Trousers
- Winter Coat Wool Coat Long Thick Wool Jacket Wool Jacket
- YNQNFS Women's lace Floral Bohemia Wedding Dress 3 4 Sleeves Floor Length Bridal Dress
- 03darkbluee Fenxxxl Women's V Neck Sleeveless Vintage Tea Party Dress Christmas Santa Claus Dress
- Allegrace Women Plus Size Swing Flowy Cold Shoulder Casual Long Top Summer T Shirt
- Beautyin Women's Halter Bikini Set Strappy Padded 2 Piece Bikini Bathing Suit
- Bridal pink OSCAR ROSSA Women's Luxury Silk Sleepwear Delicate Hand Crafted V Neck 100% Silk Slip Chemise Nightgown
- Columbia Women's PlusSize WS Flashback Long Windbreaker Jacket
- Dotoo Winter White Duck Down Fur Collar Ladies Long Hooded Loose Down Jacket Coat
- Elesol Women's Lightweight Waterproof Raincoat Windbreaker Anorak Jacke with Detachable Hood
- GAGA Womens's Classic Casual Raglan Sleeve Cotton Shirt Top
- HTOOHTOOH Womens Solid Off The Shoulder Mermaid Evening Dress Long Formal Gown
- Jusxout Knit Cap Beanie Hat Winter Camp Half Blood Demigods Women's Cool
- purplec CL Bridal Women's Lace Appliques Sheer Back Mermaid Formal Prom Dress Halter Slit Side Evening Gown
- Melon Luli Fama Womens L17673 Bikini Top
- Nic+ZoePerfect Pant Front Zip AnklePowder
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.