Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Fenghuavip 1T White 3 Meters Long Cathedral Bridal Veils for Wedding
- GURNALL Lace s Prom Evening Dress Tulle Beading Long Ball Gown Quinceanera Dresses
- Jaipur Kurti Women bluee & Yellow Solid Embroidered Cotton Slub Kurta with Palazzo
- Ladies Summer Dress Retro Skirt Word Collar Lantern Sleeve Dress Long Skirt Summer
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren Womens Broadcloth BishopSleeve Shirt
- Magicsuit Womens CutOut Front Ruched OnePiece Swimsuit
- MUSAA pinks Women Handbags Fashion Handbags for Women PU Leather Shoulder Bags Tote Bags Purse
- OVOV Women's Rabbit Fur Crossbody Bag Shoulder Bag Purse Winter Hand Warmer with Chain Strap
- R&M Richards Womens 1pc Print Poly Duchess Twill Hi Lo Dress Special Occasion Dress
- Scarf for Gift Scarf Female Winter Long Section Thickening Wild Trend Shawl Wool Knit Collar (color Red) Classic Scarf (color Green)
- SUNFURA Women's Sheath Ruched Sweetheart Sequin Prom Evening Bridesmaid Dress
- UUYUKWomen DoubleBreasted Hooded Plaid Long Wool Trench Pea Coat
- Sunglasses Men And Women Metal Large Frame Nylon Lens Trend Sunglasses Driver Couple Driving Mirror Silver Frame Ice bluee
- Alexia Admor Womens Scuba Midi Sheath Dress
- Westward Bound CarnivaleLatex Rubber Tier Latex Rubber Skirt. Black.
- XINGZHE American Fashion Ladies Personality Trend Sunglasses colorful Glasses Sunglasses (color 1)
- BCBGeneration Womens Flutter Short Romper Jumpsuit
- bluee Unions Women's V Neck Lace Embroidery Wedding Prom Dresses Backless Long Formal Ball Gown Dress
- Claret WeiPoot Women's Shoulder Bags Ornamented Party Dacron Crossbody Bags, EGHBG181809
- Diesel Women's Lowky Regular Straight Wash 0823U Jeans
- Faviana Womens Lace Prom Evening Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.