Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Fashion Hats, Caps，Elegant Hats, Natural Caps Women Men Fedora Hat Steampunk Hat Steampunk Gear Hat Top Hat by Original Design (color Black, Size 59CM)
- Grey Striped Maternity Shirt Ruched Sides Long Sleeve Round Neck Button Front Mama Casual Top
- J Kara Womens Petite Short Cocktail with All Over Beaded Dress Special Occasion Dress
- LA FESTIN Designer Leather Purses for Women Simple Organ Bags with Chain Strap Medium
- Luli Fama Womens L578n19 Bikini Top
- M Bridal Women's Beaded Strapless Sweetheart Prom Dresses Long Aline Sweet 16 Ball Gowns
- Nanette Lepore Women's Carnaval Mid Length Dress Swim Cover Up
- Pastel Pink Patricia Women's 2 Piece Pajama Set Short Sleeve Top and Cute Shorts Loungewear
- Ralph RA 7044 HAVANA women Eyewear Frames
- Scarf for Gift Scarf Autumn and Winter Korean Version of The Thin Section Simple Stripe Ladies air Conditioning Shawl Dualuse Warm (color Yellow, Size 210cm) Classic Scarf
- SUNFURA Women's Sheath Halter Sweep Train Sequin Prom Evening Dress with Split
- UUYUKWomen Casual Fleece Lined Zip Up Faux Leather Moto Biker Jacket Short Coat
- 0.36 Ct Round Green Peridot 14K White gold Earrings
- Alion Womens Sexy Round Nneck Half Sleeve African Print Mermaid Dress
- White Kueeni Women Hats Hot Red color Church Hats Lady Party Wear Fedoras Hats
- Xswsy XGCA Womens Fashion Lapel Open Front High Low Peacoat Overcoat
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens FauxSuede Miniskirt Skirt
- bluenkblueme Women's Comfy Floral Print Lounge Pants Drawstring Palazzo Baggy Pajama Pant
- Cloud To Rain Coat Leather Grass Fox Fur Collar Wool Fur Coat,Khaki,One Size
- Diougens Lee Women's Winter PlusSize Wool Blended Hooded Pea Jacket Outwear Trench Coats
- FENDI 1024 001 EyeGlasses & Case
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.