Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- New Womens Motorcycle Genuine Sheep Leather Party Jacket LFW298
- Pink olise bridal Blingbling Mermaid Prom Dresses Special Design Sparkly Sequin Backless Long Evening Gowns Women Wear
- Reign 7 For All Mankind Womens Maternity Maternity Jeans
- Skopes Womens Ladies Elle Formal Suit Jacket
- The Cat's Pajamas Tossed pinks Pima Knit Night Shirt
- Transparent box bluee Film SUNGLASSES the New President Polarized Sunglasses Fashion Retro Sunglasses
- West End Knitwear 100% Irish Merino Wool Hooded Wool Shirt Tail Cardigan Sweater
- 170 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots Z2NC8 Bird Signs
- Yakey Sexy Short Wedding Dresses for Bride Three Quarters Sleeves Fantasy Feather 2019
- Alivila.Y Fashion Womens Strapless Self Adhesive Silicone Push up Bra with Drawstring
- BeautyEmily Lace Applique Cap Sleeve Rhinestone Bridesmaid Dress Red
- Brianna Womens VNeck Embellished Sequin Gown with Capelt Back Mother of The Bride Dress
- CharmingBridal Sweetheart Sheath Beadings Long Prom Dress Evening Gown LD001
- Designer Totes Purse Shoulder Handbag
- Faceplant Dreams Dreamwear Bamboo Capri Pants
- Green Cotton Coat Europe and The United States Loose Collar Winter Jacket White Letter Printed Down Jacket (color Black, Size XL)
- HOTmilk Show Off Full Cup AFrame Wire Free Nursing Bra (SOS)
- Just Cavalli Women's Green Pleated Mini Skirts US 4 IT 40
- LIKELY Womens Amelia Blazer Blazer
- Meijunter Women Winter Waterproof Snowboard Hiking Pants Thermal Sports Trousers
- NIC & ZOE Womens Ruche Top Cami Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.