Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
LILYKING DIAMONDS AND BEADS FISHNET STOCKING BEAUTIFUL PANTYHOSE FOR WOMAN, Rhinestone SOCKS ELASTIC TIGHTS
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- INC International Concepts WideLeg Suit Pants
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Queen of The Jungle Over The Shoulder Tankini Tankini Top
- LNJLVI Women's 3 Pack Athletic Compression Long Sleeve T Shirt Tops
- MINKPINK Womens Early Bird Tee Dress Nightgown
- Notations Womens 3 4 Sleeve Printed V Neck Swing Hem Top with Chain at Neck
- Prettybabyonline Women's Burgundy Velvet Prom Dreeses Evening Dress Party Gown
- ProBikeUS Womens Retro MidSleeve Stand Collar Lace Maix Dress Cocktail Party Dress (color bluee, Size M)
- Royal bluee V Neck Prom Gowns High Low Satin 2019 Open Back Formal Evening Dreses for Women
- Summer solid color Tshirt personalized bowknot women's casual blouse
- Unomatch Women's Summer Lace Sleeveless Pencil Style Dress Red
- Wedding Dresses Short Bridal Gowns for Bride Tea Length Sweetheart Women's Wedding Dress Satin
- JUN Wool Scarf Lady Indian Handmade Beaded Cashew Flower Warm Shawl
- Women's Silk Scarf Printed Inelastic color Silk Scarf, the Size is 43 70 Inch,
- AI YOU Women's Long Sleeve Bodycon Dresses Unique Floral Pattern Midi Club Outfits
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Polished & Satin Heart Cross Earrings
- Brainstorm Gear Women's Big Bird & Snuffy Cycling Jersey SSBBW
- Champagne liangjinsmkj Bridesmaid Dresses Long Off Shoulder Ruffled Tulle Spaghetti Strap Prom Gowns for Women
- Desigual Women's 19SWVK54YELLOW Yellow Viscose Dress
- Falydal A Line Prom Dress Long 2019 Spaghetti Straps Satin Evening Formal Gowns
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.