Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Mint Fashionbride Women's Sexy Formal Part Dress Organza Deep VNeck Backless Long Prom Dresses
- Nude Miraclesuit Extra Firm Control Comfort Leg Bodysuit 2802
- Olive Multi Lucky Brand Womens Button Front Puff Sleeve Peasant Top in Olive Multi Shirt
- PujinggeCA Women's Lantern Sleeve Evening Backless Lace Gown Cocktail Dress
- Ruiyue Bohemian Large Size Women's Summer Leisure Vacation Outside The Lace Cardigan Long Section (color White, Size M)
- Steve Madden womens Pearl and Studded Belt Bag Belt
- UER Unisex Handcrafted Oiltanned Leather Wristlet Clutch Medium Organizer Pouch
- White Nude Pearl Essence Women's Tiro Track Jacket
- SS10188076 Flora, Silk Long Scarf, Designed Stole of Silk Shiffon, Gift Cased (bluee)
- Alicepub Bridesmaid Dresses for Wedding Long Evening Prom Dress Women Plus Size
- XIANGBAOHat 13.5CM Steampunk Top Hat For Women Men Wool Grey Fedora Punk Long Feather
- Bailey 44 Womens Dessous Dress Dress
- white black (Outdoors) Aviator Dress
- Charmingbridal Shining Crystal Prom Dress Long Evening Party Pageant Gown
- Designer Silk Net Salwar Kameez Bridal Dress Elegant Zari work Indian Muslim Ethnic Festival 7142
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.