Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
- 1.84 Ct Round Green Peridot and Simulated Peridot 14K White gold Earrings
- Alpakaandmore Women Cardigan Leaves Design Alpaca Wool Jacket Red
- Beige Caracilia Women's Faux Fur Shawl Wraps Stole Cloak Coat Sweater Cape for Evening Party Bridal Wedding
- Brook Taverner Womens Teramo Dress
- Conffetti Womens Loose Autumn Winter Packable Hoodie Puffer Thicken Thermal Outdoors Quilted Down Jacket
- Drasawee Women's Glitter V Neck Long Evening Dress Elegant Maxi Formal Dresses
- Floral Rachel Rachel Roy Womens Floral Print OffTheShoulder Casual Dress
- Womens Casual Long Sleeve Christmas Reindeer Sequin T Shirt Blouse Tops by Qearal
- ZXQZ Hat Collapsible Breathable Sun Predection Cap Outdoor UV Predection Sun Hat Removable Neck Predection Cloth Multicolor Optional UV Predection Cap (color D)
- Giani Bernini Womens Faux Leather Faux Shearling Trim Tote Handbag Brown Large
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite FloralPrint Maxi Dress
- Just Cavalli Women's bluee 100% Silk Wide Leg Pants US 4 IT 40
- Level 99 Womens Courtney Utility Anorak Anorak
- Mauve H.S.D Mother of The Bride Dresses Lace Formal Gowns Long Evening Dresses Sleeve Tiered
- Natan+ Womens Straight Pencil Skirt Plus Size Coral 50,52
- Pavlovo Posad Russian Shawl Pashmina Scarf Wrap bluee Yellow Wool 57x57''
- Rebecca Minkoff Womens Monarda Coat Anorak
- Royal bluee Mother of The Bride Dress Beaded Lace Prom Evening Gowns
- SPFAZJ European and American Women's New Tassel Sequin Sexy Skirt Open Back Dress Skirt Deep VNeck Dress
- Triumph Magic Wire Lite Maxi US
- Vska Women's Smooth Genuine Leather Windproof Moto Biker Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.