Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Rhplated LogoArt Sigma Delta Tau XS Dangle Earrings
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- ALLUSIVE Womens Yoga Pants Gym Workout Pants for Girls, Solid color Block Tights, One Size Leggings for Women
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue 2 Piece Tankini Set color Code Wrap Tie Top & Briefs Black M
- Bridesmaid Dress Womens Sexy Dress Ladies Vintage Princess Floral Neckline Lace Cocktail Party Daily Dress for Formal Prom (color Navy bluee, Size L)
- Comfortable Arm Warmer Leg Stocking Europe and the United States Stripes Stars and Stripes Football Sports Long Socks Over the Knees Female Piles of Socks Cheerleaders Christmas Autumn and Winter Thic
- Darcy74Dulles Women's Simple Boat Neck Wedding Dress Tulle 2018 Gowns Bridal Dresses for Women
- Elizabeth and James Carroll sunglasses
- Gemondo Garnet Ring, Sterling Silver Triple Mozambique Garnet & Marcasite January Ring
- HELYO Women's Vintage Casual Round Neck Floral Tunic Work Party ALine Swing Dress with Pockets 162
- Joseph Ribkoff Pant Style 161096
- LEJY Women's Off the Shoulder Mermaid Long prom Dress Stain Eveving Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.