Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 Pairsbrown ElsaYX Women's Classic Pure Nylon Glossy Thigh High Stockings for use with Garter Belt Lingerie
- AnnaBride Women's Long Off The Shoudler Beaded Formal Prom Dresses with Pockets Evening Celebrity Party Gowns Teal 18W
- Show color 1 Ladies Genuine Leather Tote Bags 2019Snowman Womens Hangbags Shoulder Bags
- TaoNice Women Suede Nap Notched Lapel Windproof Coat Jacket with Belt
- Three Dots Womens Stripe Short Sleeve Crewneck TShirt
- Vix Womens blueebell Bia Tube Top Bikini Top
- Womens Short Sleeve Dress Ladies VNeck Halter Dress Sequined Beaded Fringed Skirt Dresses (color Apricot, Size L)
- BalaMasa Womens Character Print Patent Leather Shoulder Handbag
- Bollywood Bridal Saree Sari for Women Collection Blouse Wedding Party Wear Ceremony 822 2
- Collective Chaos Latex USA Quality Mistress Garter Belt Black
- Desein Fashion Designer Satchel Handbag Croco Structured Purse With Croco Coin Purse & Shoulder Strap
- ExOfficio Pontedera Bateau Neck Athletic Sweaters
- GranSasso 63231 80130309 Silk tShirt Woman
- Hwear Anna Torv Fringe Black Faux Leather Jacket
- Karen Kane Womens Faux Wrap Top Blouse
- Lina & Lily Loving Hearts Print Infinity Scarf Valentine's Day Gift
- MHRITA Winter Flannel Pajamas Thickening Women Sets Sleepwear Sweet Female Girl Indoor Clothing Home Suit Size 'MXXXL',XXL
- Multicolor Voopptaw Women Leopard Print Strappy High Waisted Bikini Two Piece Swimsuit
- Oversized Polarized Sunglasses for Men PARZIN Semi Oval with Sunglasses Case
- QZUnique Women's Plus Size Floral Printing Classy Casual Stylish Comfy Dress
- Scarleton Classy Tote Bag H1944
- Sunglasses, Metal Polarized Butterfly Crystal Ladies Shopping Street Shooting Travel Sunglasses 100% UV Predection
- 160 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots M1BR6 Flower Heart
- Angie Women's Open Front Dolman Sleeve Kimono
- Betsy & Adam Womens Sateen HighLow Evening Dress
- Versace Signature Icon Aviator Sunglasses in Pale gold VE2160 125287 63 63 Grey
- Women Purse and Large Handbags Soft PU Leather Ladies Designer Satchel Tote Bag Shoulder Bags
- Zero Restriction Womens Arabella Pant
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.