Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2 7 8 (72mm) Wide High Waist Perforated Braided Leather Belt, Light Tan L 37'' 40
- Ann Darling Women's Workout Latex Waist Trainer Cincher Full Vest Waist Body Shaper
- BHDYHM Floppy Summer Sun Beach Straw Hat UPF50 Foldable Wide Brim 5560cm, Panama Hat Sun Hats for Women Wide Brim Straw Beach Hat
- BuyBuyBuy Women's onePiece Swimsuit, Ruffled LowEdged Flowers and Polka dot Trim midRise Sexy Bikini, with Wireless Padded Bra Comfortable
- Cressi Ninja Flexible Sunglasses Polarized UV Predection Lens
- E Women's Wallet Women's Wallet Leather Lady Wallet Large Lady Purse Wallet 20 10 3cm (color C)
- Freely Womens Double Button Parka Jackets Classy Notch Lapel Pea Coat
- Vix Womens San Andres Ripple Triangle Top Bikini Top
- Women's Shorts Bohemia Beach Jeans High Waist Stretch Denim Hot Pants
- gold and Watches 14K White gold 8.59mm FWC Pearl W Mirror Bead Bracelet
- INC International Concepts Women's Embroidered Sweater
- Juicy Couture Black Label Women's Mesh Stitch Hollywood Bomber Jacket
- Lavender byTiMo Women's Printed Pant
- Maloja GrassauM. Top Vintage Red
- Navy detachable Women’s Adjustable Beach Floppy Sun Hat
- Oscar de la Renta Womens Charmeuse Printed Wrap Robe Bathrobe
- Qlskf Women Winter Hat Beanie Knitted Skullies Beanies Hats Female Fashion Outdoor Cap Hat for Girls Solid color Gorro
- Sanctuary Womens Spring Printed Jacket
- SSLR Women's Sunflowers Hawaiian High Rise Casual Flower Pants
- Turquoise tutu.vivi Women's Off Shoulder Tulle Lace Bridesmaid Dresses Long Evening Formal Gowns Short Sleeves
- Wallaroo Hat Company Women's Aqua Hat UPF 50+, Ready for Adventure, Designed in Australia.
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.