Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
EW Collection Women's Mother of The Bride Silk Dress Coat TwoPiece Long Sleeve Embroidered Coat and Tea Length Dress
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 12 Pack Aviator Eyeglasses Metal gold, Silver, Black Frame colord Mirror Lens OWL.
- Angel Bride Fashion ALine Floor Length Empire Maternity Prom Dresses with Straps
- BessWedding Women's Long Lace Beaded Bridesmaid Party Prom Dress with Shawl
- Burgundy Fanciest Women's Halter Slit Satin Prom Dresses Long Backless Evening Formal Gowns
- Cosabella Women's Soire Molded Bra
- DRG Publications House of White Birches Simple Hip Knit Scarves
- Fracomina Women's FR19SP8009BIANCO White Cotton Jumper
- Vince Womens Crepe Mandarin Collar Wear to Work Dress
- Womens Open Front Long Sleeve Knit Cardigan Casual Plain Coat Outwear Sweater
- Fuqiuwei Sonnenbrillen Simple And Versatile Temperament Sunglasses Women Sunglasses Retro Round Frame Personality Sunglasses
- Honeydress Women's Rhinestone Off The Shoulder Long Sleeve Split Evening Dress
- Jusxout bluee Cute Koala Knit Cap Beanie Hat Women
- Leg Warmers Lace Socks, NonSlip Double Strip Silicone, AntiFriction Thigh Socks, Thigh Stretch Leg Sleeve (Size B(4649cm)) Ankle Warmers for Women
- Marina Womens Lace Halter Cocktail Dress with Glitter Lining Dress
- My Michelle Womens Lace Long Sleeve Dress Dress
- Optimum Optical Unisex Square Sunglasses with Bamboo Temples, Dogwood
- QDCACA Womens Faux Fur Coat Parka Jacket Long Trench Thicken Outerwear Overcoat
- Scully Western Dress Womens Tube Top Crochet Panel Smocked Top PSL210
- Spirio Women Reversible Quilted Winter Faux Fur Hooded Long Down Jacket
- Triveni Women's Indian Green Synthetic Embroidered Lehenga Saree
- White & Red Vantexi Women's Satin Embroidery Wedding Dress Bridal Gown
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.