Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Fashion Scarves Women Accessories Scarves Wraps Scarf Wool Scarf Big Shawl Gradient colorful neon Wild Warm Lady Scarf (color B )
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 220 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots C4XY9 pink Shield
- Anuschka Women's Hand Painted Accordion Flap Wallet Genuine Leather
- BIRRYSHOP Women's ALine Fitting Dress 21441516
- Black OEUVRE Women's Bohemian Tunic Dress Long Sleeve Pockets Dress
- Souliyan Women's Denim Stretch Classic Long Sleeves Loose Hooded Jacket (Size XXL)
- Trespass Sinem Womens Longer Length Active Walking Cycling Quick Dry Shorts
- Wedding Bridal Ethnic Bollywood Collection Saree Sari Ceroemny Bridal 793
- Wrangler Womens Cowboy Cut Jeans Jeans
- Classic ALine Wedding Dresses Sleeveless Lace Tulle Bridal Gown Applique Beach Bride Dress
- Dikoaina Womens Extra Large Faux Fur Shawl Wrap Stole Cape for Wedding party show
- Ella Moss Womens Midi with Smocking Dress
- Gem Stone King 4.26 Ct Red Rhodolite Garnet bluee Simulated Sapphire 14K Yellow gold Earrings
- Hugo Boss BOSS Womens Bashina4 Collared Long Sleeves Blouse
- Justice Cotton Bikini Panty Size 12, 3Count
- LeSportsac Women's Peanuts X Small Edie Backpack, Snoopy in The Stars
- Maternity Bodycon Dress Short Sleeve Ruched Sides Knee Length Shirred Dress
- Nadia Suzani Embroidered Linen Tunic Top Shirt Natural Rust Turquoise M L
- ONLYCE Women's ALine VNeck Sequin Long Bridesmaid Dresses Evening Gowns
- Purple Women's Sexy Shapewear,Super Firm Tummy Control Adjustable Shoulder Strap Shapewear Bodysuit Slimming Body Shaper
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.