Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2.04 Ct Round Swiss bluee Topaz White Topaz 14K White gold Earrings
- Anne Cole Womens PlusSize colorblast TwistFront Shirred Tankini Tankini Top
- Bikers Gear Women's Motorcycle Jeans Ce Knee Armor Kevlar Stretch Denim US8 Black W32 L32
- Bzwdeepbluee24a8 LIKESHE Women PU Double Zip Around Clutch Large Travel Purse Wrist Strap Blocking Wallet
- Cross Jeans Women's Jeans pink Black Black
- Eberjey Womens Ivy Flounce Kimono Robe Bathrobe
- Edaier Women's Beaded Halter Embroidery Satin Wedding Dress Vintage Bride Gown
- Vix Women's Potira Lory CoverUp
- Women's Short Sleeve Wide Leg Jumpsuits High Waisted Flare Palazzo Pants Suit
- Gant 1303.486047 Sweater Women bluee 405 XS
- Huayue Yoga Pants Women's Printed Elastic Slimming Fitness Wet Pants
- JULES&JIM Women's Maternity Mini Dress
- Liangjinsmkj Halter Prom Dresses Long Two Piece Beaded Satin Halter Formal Evening Gown with Pockets Navy
- Maweisong Women's PU Warm Thick Sherpa Lined Double Breasted Outwear Parkas
- Muke Women's Embroidery Floral Hollow Out Lace Wrap Evening Dress
- Oudan Women's Lagenlook Top Plain TShirt Dress with Two Big Pockets (color Black, Size XLFit UK 1218)
- Quanii 1920s Style Beaded Sequined Deco Fringe Flapper Gatsby Dress
- Rozegaga Womens Sexy Scoop Neck Thick Shoulder Latex Mini Party Dresses
- Spring Winter High Waist Knitted Cotton Wide Leg Casual Trousers Streetwear befree Pants
- TuanYuan Women Off Shoulder Quinceanera Dress Sweet Girls Ball Gowns
- VonZipper Womens Castaway Sunglasses, Muddled Raspberry Brown Gradient, One Size Fits All
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.