Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- J.Crew Mercantile Womens Flannel Shirt Button Down Shirt
- La Mariee Vintage ALine Evening Prom Ball Dresses With Ruffles 2016 New
- LUNIK Women's Shorts Lace Romper Black
- M.D.Y. Women's Mini Top Hat White And Green Hat, Mad Tea Party Hat Ugly Sweater Hat, Santa Mini Top Hat Micro Hat
- Multicolour (Pink Multi) Guess Women’s Kamryn Slg Large Zip Around Wallet
- OXYDO O.No. 2.7 2M2 IR Black gold Plastic Square Sunglasses Grey Polarized Lens
- R&M Richards Womens Petites Metallic Sequined SemiFormal Dress
- Scarlett Women's Strapless Aline Satin Wedding Bridal Dress Champagne
- Steel master Steampunk Goth Lace Long Hooded Cloak Women Woolen Coat
- Two Hooded Ponchos, Oxford Waterproof Raincoat, Reflective Strip Design (color bluee, Size XXXXL)
- White Abollria Women's Long Sleeve Shrug Bolero Open Front Cardigan
- Winter Jacket Women Long Thicken Warm Parkas Waist Tie Slim Down Cotton Padded Coats
- Women's Wallet Europe and The United States Fashion Atmosphere Long Folding Coin Purse Fashion Clutch Bag (color Green) Ladies Purses (color Burgundy)
- Amomoma Women's Classic Oversized Sunglasses with Rhinestones AM2008 AM2001 AM2019
- Bardot Womens Wrap Satin Blouse TShirt
- bluee Flower Century Star Women's Knotted Lace Loop Leather Loafer Moccasin Boat shoes Slipper Moccasin
- CG Women's Boat Neck Sleeveless Evening Dress Mermaid Floor Length Wedding Dress Prom Dress J0127
- Dark bluee Peppered Denim PD Women's SlimStraight Fit Cropped Cigarette Jeans
- Emporio Armani 4056 55518G Matte Striped Grey 4056 Rectangle Sunglasses Lens Ca
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.