Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
AILIUJUNBING Women's 1 Running PantsBlack, bluee Sports Spandex, Mesh Pants Trousers Leggings Yoga, Fitness, Gym Activewear Breathability
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Gocgt Women's Fashion PU Leather Slim Fit Long Coat Maxi Jacket
- INC International Concepts I.N.C. Printed PointedHem Top
- KEMAO Highend Court Rococo Baroque Marie Antoinette Ball Dresses 18th Century Renaissance Historical Period Dress Gown for Women (MadetoOrder Tell us Your Measurements, Dark Green)
- LL Bridal Women's High Low Prom Dress with Sleeves 2018 Off Shoulder Evening Formal Gown Long LLP068
- Mini Wallet Female Short Paragraph Simple Student Folding Korean Version of The Personality Cute Small Fresh Multifunctional (color Black) Ladies Purses (color Pink)
- Norma Kamali Womens Side Stripe Long Sleeve Crew Dress to Knee Casual Dress
- Preferhouse Women's Sexy Illusion Evening Dress Formal Gown 2018
- Raga Womens Lolita Long Sleeve Dress Dress
- Sanctuary Womens Fall Fashion Jacket White XL
- Stylishfashion Net Latest Embroidered and with Beautiful Anarkali Designer Salwar Kameez Maisha
- Tuff Athletics Women's Active Yoga Leggings
- White DATAIYANG 2019 Women White Dress Full Sleeve Boho Lace Pattern Hollow Out VNeck Lady MiniDress
- XQS Women's Long Dovetail TurnDown Collar Long Trench Coat Gothic Clothing
- RaanPahMuang Edvard Munch The Scream Jacket Cardigan
- Alex Evenings Womens Off The Shoulder All Over Lace Dress with Bell Sleeves Dress
- Beach Hat Women's Hats Summer Outing Sunscreen Caps Face Caps Beach Caps Cycling Caps Purple A A Summer Sun Hat
- Bobeau Norah With Trim Detail Plus Size Top
- Charcoal Pink SofiePJ Women's Printed Cotton Short Sleeve Pajama Set with Short Pants
- Design5 Handbag Sexy Little Leopard Print Genuine Leather Tote Rivet Bag Shoulder Strap Top Handle Women
- Eytino Women Summer Casual Spaghetti Strap Sundress Sleeveless Beach Dress
- Green Navy Gabby Skye Womens 3 4 Sleeve Round Neck Lace Sheath Dress Dress
- IronGrey Women's Long Jacket Coat,Winter Overcoat Womens Hooded Ultra Light Down Jacket Slim Solid Long Down Jacket Female Feather Down Portable Parkas,Black,7XL
- JYDress Women's Modern Stylish Office Lady Two Piece Suit Set Business Pants Suit
- Lilla P Elbow Sleeve VNeck
- Mermaid Evening Dress 2018 Simple Prom Dress Trumpet Women's Long Party Gown
- Nicole Miller New York Womens Sleeveless Gathered Waist Full Gown with VBack Dress
- Piper Womens Devi Top TShirt
- Ri Yun Women's Sexy Long Quinceanera Dresses A Line Prom Dresses Evening Gowns
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.