Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
AILIUJUNBING Women's 1 Running PantsBlack, bluee Sports Spandex, Mesh Pants Trousers Leggings Yoga, Fitness, Gym Activewear Breathability
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Gocgt Women's Fashion PU Leather Slim Fit Long Coat Maxi Jacket
- INC International Concepts I.N.C. Printed PointedHem Top
- KEMAO Highend Court Rococo Baroque Marie Antoinette Ball Dresses 18th Century Renaissance Historical Period Dress Gown for Women (MadetoOrder Tell us Your Measurements, Dark Green)
- LL Bridal Women's High Low Prom Dress with Sleeves 2018 Off Shoulder Evening Formal Gown Long LLP068
- Mini Wallet Female Short Paragraph Simple Student Folding Korean Version of The Personality Cute Small Fresh Multifunctional (color Black) Ladies Purses (color Pink)
- Norma Kamali Womens Side Stripe Long Sleeve Crew Dress to Knee Casual Dress
- Preferhouse Women's Sexy Illusion Evening Dress Formal Gown 2018
- Raisins Womens Skinny Santa Barbara Pant 2 Piece Bikini
- Seraphine Georgina Maternity Wrap Dress
- SUEDE SOFT LEATHER HANDCRAFTED SHOULDER BAG
- Tusk Donington Napa Gusseted Clutch Wallet
- White Jungle Bouquet T Tahari Womens gold Ring Plunge One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- Xiber Women's Summer Halter Sleeveless Mini Casual Dress
- 207 arfurt Women's Long Sleeve Button Down Casual Dress Shirt Business Blouse
- Ali & Jay Womens Landslide Short Sleeve Denim Mini Dress Dress
- Bailey 44 Womens Go The Distance Dress Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.