Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Beautiful Stainless Steel Brushed & Polished Dad Bracelet
- Bollywood Bridal Saree Sari for Women Collection Blouse Wedding Party Wear Ceremony 827 14
- Collective Chaos Red Latex Neck Corset Collar
- DMMSS Ladies Sleeping Skirt Long Sleeve Cotton Striped Pajamas Long Paragraph Simple And Relaxed Home Dress Dress
- Fieer Womens Thick Buttons Mid Long Oversize Pocketed Hood Woolen Jacket
- Giani Bernini Pebble Leather Small Satchel
- Homrain Women's 1950s Retro Vintage ALine Cap Sleeve Cocktail Swing Party Dress
- Julianna Rae Women's 100% Silk Chemise, Lace Trim, Sweet Indulgence Collection
- Lauren Ralph Lauren Womens SpaceDye Ombre OnePiece Swimsuit
- Makeitmint Women's Oversized Loose Fitted Cropped Washed Casual Denim Jacket
- Nanquan Women PU Faux Leather Plaid Print Lightweight Longline Trench Coat
- OVER SWEATER HIGH MINGLE IN blueE VISCOSE WOOL, Womens.
- QZ Home Hat Female Summer Silk Cap Sun Predection Visor Travel Holiday Sun Hat (color Light bluee)
- Scarisee Womens VNeck Prom Evening Dresses Split Formal Wedding Party GownSA125
- Sunglasses Wildfox LIP SERVICE Black Square
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.