Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- NAN Liang Traditional Bathrobe Women's Robe 100% Cotton Thick Luxurious Nightwear Ultra Soft Cosy Pajamas (2 colors & 5 Dimension) (color Pink, Size XXL)
- Papijam Womens Faux Fur Hooded Outdoor Puffer Down Coat Parkas Overcoat
- Rago Women's High Waist Brief Shaper
- SELX Women Cheongsam Short Sleeve Show Embroidery Mermaid Dress
- Swimsuit sexy small chest gathered split swimsuit
- Verona H & L New Women's Cascade Vegan Leather Handbag
- Wedding Dress Bride Women Elegant Vintage Tea Double Shoulder Neck Length Lace Pretty Festival
- 10kt White gold Womens Round Diamond Heart Screwback Earrings 1 10 Cttw
- Xpril Women's Casual Collar Short Sleeve Functional Active wear TShirt
- Alex Evenings Women's TLength Dress with Tie Belt and Panel Detail
- Beagle Green CowCow Womens Animal Digital Print Dog Cats Horses Pigs Hippo Sheep Rabbit Panda Leggings, XS5XL
- Body Shaper Faja Skin color Latex Waist Girdle, Black CottonShapewear Cincher
- CCBubble Long Sleeves Lace Wedding Dresses 2018 Mermaid Wedding Dresses
- Davidson DL1961 Womens Lara Instasculpt Cropped Flare Jean
- Escalier Women's Backless Maxi Dress Infinity Gown MultiWay Strap Wrap Party Evening Dress
- gold C CIRCLEWLD Sequins Mermaid Evening Gowns Long Sleeves Sleeveless for Women Wedding Party E122
- High Waist Sexy Smoother Short
- JoyVany Women Applique Vintage Tea Length Wedding Dress 2018 Formal Gowns JV434
- Level 99 Womens Tracy High Rise Ultra Skinny Jean Jeans
- Mauve YMSHA Women's Lace Top Prom Dress TwoPiece Long Formal Evening Gowns Side Slit with Pockets XY004
- Neon yellow black Gore Wear R3 Women's Partial Gore Wear Windstopper Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.