Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- BB Dakota Womens Terra Tie Die Print Swing Dress Dress
- bluee Promworld Women's Beaded Lace Applique Keyhole Mermaid Formal Dress Illusion Prom Dress
- Cinery Women's Long Sleeve Nursing Tops Floral Wrap Front Pregnancy Shirts
- DianSheng Women's Strapless Floral Empire Short Prom Dress Bridesmaid Dress
- Fashion Tassel Lattice Leisure Woman Autumn And Winter Keep Warm Soft Big Scarf Bib
- gold Kayamiya Women's Evening Shawl Beaded Sequin Deco Wedding Wraps
- Huayue Yoga Pants Skirt Women's Linear Cropped Capri Pants Skirted Besotted Stretchy Sport Leggings with Pocket
- Jxfd Women's Hoodie Padded Embroidery Print Full Zipper Puffer Down Jackets
- purplec Yang Sweet Girls Appliques Boat Neck Evening Gowns Women Long Quinceanera Dresses
- Mercedes Benz Genuine Cap Hat Women's, Heritage. B67995245
- Nicole Miller New York Womens Drape Back Cape Sleeve Cocktail Dress Dress
- Peacock RTTUTED Satin Beaded Long Prom Gown with Pockets for Formal Wedding Dress Evening
- Red alilith.Z Sexy Off The Shoulder Prom Dresses Mermaid Appliques Lace Wedding Dresses Formal Evening Ball Gowns for Women
- Shorepine Arc'teryx Sabria Pant Women's
- Tan RFID Wallet Ladies Clutch RFID Predective Ladies Wallet RFID Secure Wallets Stop Electronic Pickpocketing (Brown)
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.