Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- BB Dakota Womens Rebekah Striped Wide Leg Pant Pants
- bluee Paradise Knit Sleep Shorts
- CIKRILAN Women's Soft Shell Windproof Outdoor Fleece Lined Jacket Ladies Coat (Purple, Small)
- DianSheng 2016 Cocktail Homecoming Dress Camo Prom Party Dress Short Tulle
- Fashion Slim Down Cotton Women's Casual Long Jacket BF Thick Cotton Coat Army Green (color Army Green, Size XL)
- gold Aofur Womens Short Coat Zipper Lightweight Jacket Cotton Down Parka Hooded Trench Outwear
- INC Womens FauxPearlEmbellished Knit Sweater
- Joseph Ribkoff bluee Multi Pants Style 191760
- Lenikis Unisex UV Predection Hat Packable & Adjustable Straw Hat Fedora Beach Sun Hat
- Masala Women's Maternity Medallion Mommy Tunic
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Womens Cold Shoulder Tiered Shift Dress Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.