Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Alex Evenings Womens Long Cap Sleeve Fit N Flare Dress (Petite and Regular Sizes) Special Occasion Dress
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- GenericWomen Elegant 3 4 Sleeve Floral Print Cheongsam Qipao Side Split Dress
- Hulione Women's Leather Jacket Plus Size DoubleBreasted Long Trench Coat Female Black Pu Faux Leather Jacket
- KAPORAL Women's Shorts LUTOSE FBAEUR_KRW1224_REDL red, US Size M UK Size L
- LilySilk BodyFlattering Belted Waist Sleeveless Red Silk Shirt Dress for Work
- MFrannie Women Office Work Down Vest Casual Sleeveless Waistcoat with Drawstring
- Nightway Womens Sequined Halter Evening Dress
- Plaid 3J Workshop by Johnny Was Women's Flare Sleeve Blouse with Embroidery
- Raan Pah Muang RaanPahMuang Casual Outer Cloak Part Dress Bold Dashiki Ladies Dress Flow Robe
- S.L. Fashions Women's Printed Shantung Party Dress
- Storeindya T Shirts Yoga Wear White Unisex Comfort 100% Cotton T Shirt Meditation Running Athletic Beach Sports Workouts Gym Fitness Training Body Wear
- Two by Vince Camuto Womens YarnDye Stripe Gauze Sharkbite Cami Dress
- White Romwe Women's Stretchy Short Sleeve Layered Bow Tie Neck Work Office Blouse Shirt Top
- Yang Sweetheart Girls 15 16 Full Beaded Evening Gowns Women Floor Length Quinceanera Dress
- 1.STATE Womens Patch Pocket Corduroy Mini Skirt w Zipper
- Alsjigytrmx Sleeveless Floral Pattern Dresses Pencil Crew Neck Retro Classic Dress For Girls
- Beige Lace Eanny Womens Kentucky Derby Church Hat, Wedding Tea Party Dress Sun Hat
- Brooks Women's FrontRunner Racer Sports Bra
- CHX Scarf Silk Women's Versatile Print DoubleSided Inkjet Fashion Elegant Luxury Lightweight Shawl Scarf Dual Purpose V (color C)
- Diamond2Deal 14k Yellow gold y January Girl Birthstone Pendant
- Fashion retro sunglasses ladies sunglasses translucent lenses colorful sunglasses driver mirror ultralight sunglasses
- GREY PINK Sugar Pocket Women's Workout Leggings Running Tights Yoga Pants Red
- J.CARP Congreenible Women Cycling Jacket Windproof Water Resistant Softshell
- KAN CAN Jeans HollyCecelia MidRise Distressed Ripped Skinny Jeans KC5055D
- Lily Of France Women's Extreme Ego Boost Tailored PushUp Bra 2131101
- Meyeeka Womens Sexy High Waist Lace Up Bodycon Split Tight Snakeskin Mini Skirt
- Nightgowns Pajamas Autumn Cotton Ladies Pajamas Korean Cute Cartoon Print Loose Large Size Long Sleeve Nightdress Home Service (color Pink, Size XL)
- PJ Salvage Women's Loungin' Around L S Top
- Rieshaneea Womens Sexy VNeck Prom Party Dresses Satin Bridesmaid Gown
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.