Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Alex Evenings Womens Long Cap Sleeve Fit N Flare Dress (Petite and Regular Sizes) Special Occasion Dress
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- GenericWomen Elegant 3 4 Sleeve Floral Print Cheongsam Qipao Side Split Dress
- Hulione Women's Leather Jacket Plus Size DoubleBreasted Long Trench Coat Female Black Pu Faux Leather Jacket
- KAPORAL Women's Shorts LUTOSE FBAEUR_KRW1224_REDL red, US Size M UK Size L
- LilySilk BodyFlattering Belted Waist Sleeveless Red Silk Shirt Dress for Work
- MFrannie Women Office Work Down Vest Casual Sleeveless Waistcoat with Drawstring
- Nightway Womens Sequined Halter Evening Dress
- Plaid 3J Workshop by Johnny Was Women's Flare Sleeve Blouse with Embroidery
- QINJLI Ladies' Dresses, Muslim Robes Loose Large Size Long Sleeves Embroidered high Waist Ethnic Style
- Sanctuary Womens Playa Drawstring Flap Pockets Denim Shorts
- Sububblepper Women's Sexy Off Shoulder Short Sleeve Floral Printed Long Maxi Split Dress (color White, Size L)
- Topashe Women's Mermaid Prom Gown Formal Party Dress With Split Asymmetrical Train
- Wallet Female Short Paragraph Purse Mini Women's MultiCard Small Wallet Student Wallet (color Burgundy) Ladies Purses (color bluee)
- Womens Wallet Card Holder Coin Purse Cat Print Long Notecase Clutch Case
- Raan Pah Muang RaanPahMuang PierreAuguste Reblack A Girl with a Fan 3 4 Length Wrap Skirt
- Alex Evenings Women's Mock 2 Piece Lace Charmeuse Jacket Dress
- Beach Hat Women's Hats Summer Outing Sunscreen Caps Face Caps Beach Caps Cycling Caps bluee A A Summer Sun Hat
- Bobeau Nia Ruched Sleeve Knit Cardigan
- Chaus Women's 3 4 Sleeve VNeck Zipper Top
- Desigual Women's 19SWDD35BLACK Black Cotton Jeans
- Falcon Heather Royal Robbins Women's Essential Tencel Skirt
- Green NORMOV Boho Harem Pants for Women Bohemian Yoga Loose Peacock Feather High Waisted Active Pants
- Ivanka Trump Womens Shirt Tunic Blouse
- Joseph Ribkoff Cover up Style 191488
- LEISHOP Womens Stand Collar Warm Midi Long Sleeve Parka Coat Outwear
- Marmot Aruna Hoody Women's
- Navy Seas Nautica Womens Long Sleeve Striped Envelope Neck Top TShirt
- PENER Women Fashion Length Overcoat Cashmere Coat Trench Coat Walker
- Red GOBLES Women's Sexy V Neck Spaghetti Strap Lace Up Bodycon Mini Club Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.