Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Alex Evenings Womens Long Cap Sleeve Fit N Flare Dress (Petite and Regular Sizes) Special Occasion Dress
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- GenericWomen Elegant 3 4 Sleeve Floral Print Cheongsam Qipao Side Split Dress
- Hulione Women's Leather Jacket Plus Size DoubleBreasted Long Trench Coat Female Black Pu Faux Leather Jacket
- KAPORAL Women's Shorts LUTOSE FBAEUR_KRW1224_REDL red, US Size M UK Size L
- LilySilk BodyFlattering Belted Waist Sleeveless Red Silk Shirt Dress for Work
- MFrannie Women Office Work Down Vest Casual Sleeveless Waistcoat with Drawstring
- Nightway Womens Sequined Halter Evening Dress
- Plaid 3J Workshop by Johnny Was Women's Flare Sleeve Blouse with Embroidery
- Rajaram's Black And White color Pure Crepe Saree.
- Russell Europe Women's smart softshell jacket
- Staypretty Spaghetti Strap Sequined Sheath Prom Dress Long Backless Sparkly Evening Gown
- Tronjori Womens Distressed Long Sleeve V Neck Button Down Denim Shirt Dress with Belt
- WeoHau Laser Wallet Ladies Pu Short Cute Small Fresh Folding MultiFunction Wallet,Purple
- XinDao Women's Soft Knit Elastic Waist Jersey Bermuda Shorts with Drawstring
- Oceanic O'Neill Women's Ascend Capri, Caramel, Small
- ALAIX Women's Cotton Casual Loose V Neck Sleeveless Bow Tie Shoulder Wide Leg Jumpsuits Rompers with Pocket
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Teri Top Blouse
- bluesh Sophie Girls' VNeck Ball Gown Beads Quinceanera Dress Lace Appliques Prom Gowns Sweet 16 S211
- Checked Scarf Thickened, Warm Collar, Shawl.
- Desigual Womens Arantxa colorful Trousers Casual Pants
- Fame And Partners Womens Tied Wide Leg Jumpsuit
- Green SPFAZJ 2019 New Sexy Suspender Halter Dress Deep VNeck Mopping Dress
- Ivory 1T Bride Elegant Cathedral Veil White 3M 4M 5M Lace Applique With Free Bomb (Ivory, 3Meter)
- Joseph Ribkoff Women's Dress Style 191678
- Lemai Women's Crystals Long Formal Evening Prom Dresses Sheer Back Baby bluee
- Marycrafts Women's Elegant Skirt Suit Set Work Office Business Wear
- Navy Heather Grey LaClef Women's Maternity TShirts Top with Baseball Raglan
- Perrinecream BLACK HORN Ladies Packable Women's Wide Brim Sun Hat
- Red Leather Zipper Wallet, Clutch, Big Travel Wallet Handbag, Ladies Boxed Gift, Card Package
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.