Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Daisy Beachwear Women's Fuchsia Sequin Pucker Back Bikini
- Ellystar Women's Backless Jewel Beading New with Cap Sleeve Prom Party Dresses
- Ginger DIDK Women's Plain V Neck Solid Puff Sleeve Wrap Bodysuit
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Plus Size Ruffled Peasant Top
- Karen Kane Womens Velvet Burnout Contrast Jacket Shell Jacket
- Lira Womens Fate Top Blouse
- May Queen MQ1020 Long Sleeve Mother of The Bride Groom Dress
- New Style Genuine Sheepskin Spliced Women'S Shoulder Bag
- Pink Homdor Mermaid Wedding Dresses Long Lace Sweetheart Strapless Evening Bridal Gowns
- Reebok Classics Womens Women's French Terry Hoodie Hooded Sweatshirt
- S.L. Fashions Women's Plus Size Tulip Capelet Jacket Dress
- Stonewear Designs Womens Sienna Dress
- U.S. Polo Assn. Juniors' Pique Woven Eyelet Pocket Polo Shirt
- White Women Linen Mesh Fedoras Summer Formal Hats Dome Floral Hat
- Yellow AI YOU Women's Long Sleeve Bodysuit Sexy Knit Stretchy Jumpsuit Romper Tops
- Womens Genuine Leather Hangbags Tote Bags Birds And Branch Purse Shoulder Bags
- Alfred Dunner Good to Go color Block Lace Top
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver Polished Filigree Hoops
- Bollywwood Party wear Saree Sari Wedding Ceremony Collection Formal
- color&W Womens Denim Short Buttons Lapel Pockets Vintage Washed Outwear Coat
- Doanpa Women's Panelled Lapel Loose Trench Woolen Double Button Overcoat
- EPLAZA Women Large Capacity Flora Evening Clutch Bags Wedding Party Purse Handbags Wallet
- GMYANWY Men's and Women's Cool Hoodie 3D Digital Printing Autumn Couple Sweater
- In Bloom by Jonquil Womens Latigo Wrapper Bathrobe
- Kelaixiang Mother of The Bride Dresses for Wedding Sheath Knee Length Lace Coat
- LKCENCA Women's Kangaroo Pocket Mid Length Hooded Large Size Parka Jacket
- Mingxin Latest Style Genuine Cowhide Handbag Plaid Women's TopHandle Bag
- Noonew Women's Hood Tattoos Sweatshirt Grey Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.