Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- DANNIKA Joe's Jeans Womens Charlie High Rise Skinny Ankle Jean Jeans
- Etwoa's Classic Racing Car Pattern Infinity Circle Scarf
- Gore Lady Essential AS Running Pants
- HyPERFORMANCE Womens Ladies Power Riding Skin
- Karen Kane Womens Off The Shoulder Top TShirt
- LingaDore 4026186 Women's Cactus Grey Motif Pajama Pyjama Pant
- Maison Jules Womens FlutterSleeve Romper Jumpsuit
- NAN Liang Pajama Sets for Women, Long Sleeves Pajama Set, Ladies Pyjama Sets, Women Sleepwear 2 Pieces Nightwear and Pants Pyjama Set Soft (Size XXL)
- Paper Dolls Womens Ladies Melbourne One Shoulder Lace Maxi Dress
- RAGNO Trouser Long Pants Women Item 70714S Denim SIGARETTA
- Screaming Pink Rush Pearl iZUMi Women's Elite Pursuit Bib Shorts
- Sunshade Hats Spring and Summer Rolls with Pure color Printed Ladies' Hats
- Vanessa Bruno Women’s Cabas Moyen Bag
- Women Backpack Purse,ACLULION Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Lightweight School Bag for Girls
- YUBINtaiyangjing Sunglasses Sunglasses Male Female Couples Sunglasses Rivet Half Frame Tide Polarized Light Vintage Harajuku Style Myopia Drive Driver Mirror (color E)
- 1.20 Ct Round Sapphire with Diamond Accent 18K Yellow gold Plated Silver Studs
- Alo Yoga Womens Mesh Crop Yoga Shirt
- BedHead Pajamas Artist's Palette Stretch L S Classic PJ Set 1002SJ77536
- Brilliant Embers Sterling Silver & CZ Brilliant Embers Polished Ring
- Commando Women's Perfect Control Leggings, Espresso, Large
- Draper James Virginia Sunglasses Tortoise SU 0016 20
- EverPretty Women's Cap Sleeve Lace Neckline Ruched Bust Evening Gown 09993
- GRACE KARIN Women's Vintage Floral Lace Off Shoulder Short Sleeve Pencil Dress
- INMONARCH Womens orange Khadi Silk Side Cut Salwar Kameez SLRD1031B
- Kirabon Cat Eyes Design Women's Polarized Sunglasses Nylon Frame TAC Lens UV Predection Sunglasses for Driving Vacation Beach Outdoor Sunglasses (color Coffee)
- Lotusmile Women Sleeveless Tank Top Casual V Neck A Line Tunic Shirt
- MITILLY Women's Floral Print 3 4 Sleeve Pockets Casual Swing Pleated Long Maxi Dress
- Obermeyer Women's Splendid 150 Weight US Top
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.