Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Darkburgundy Stylefun Womens Satin V Neck Prom Dress Spaghetti Straps Evening Party Formal Gowns XIN003
- ESBAIG Womens Leather Jackets Stylish Motorcycle Bomber Biker Real Lambskin Leather Jacket for Women 529
- gold and Watches Sterling Silver Yellow & White CZ Ring
- HYF Women's Leather Handbag Tote Shoulder Crossbody Bag for women (color Red, Size Onesize)
- Karen Kane Women's Lace Ruffle Sleeve Top
- Linen by linen 80 count Saree Full weaving work by weavers traditional handoom Bengal Women sari Indian Ethnic Festive saree 108 7
- Marc Jacobs MJ584 S 807 3C 5722 black Large Miroirs
- Navy bluee Aiyue Yishen Women's Aline Lace Applique Evening Dress Sheer Long Winter Gala Dress
- PattyBoutik Women's One Shoulder Batwing Ribbed Sweater
- ReadeREST Boutique Eyeglass Holder, Ribbon Bow
- Ruiyue Fisherman Cap, Autumn Winter Waterproof Rain Snow Predection Warm Hat Sunscreen AntiUV for Women Men (color 2, Size L)
- State Fusio Women's Wool Cashmere Casual Knitted Fringed Cardigan Shawl
- TVRtyle Women's Vintage Black Satin Spider Pattern Sexy Bullet Bra Pads Cone Bra BR2018
- White Marina Rinaldi Women's Captare Button Down Skirt White
- XUBA Trench Coat Women Autumn Single Breasted Fashion Lace Patchwork WideWaisted Long Coat Red Black Windbreaker Outerwear L
- Totes Bag set includes a large Final bag in a fabric inner bag.
- Alexzendra Women's Off Shoulder A Line Prom Dress High Split Long Evening Dresses Formal Gown
- Beautiful rhodium plated gold and silver 14K rhodiumplatedgoldandsilver 14K & Rhodium Diamondcut 3x25mm Hoop Earrings
- Bollé Women's Adrienne Pleated Back Skirt Shorts
- Cole of California Womens Flounce Ots One Piece Swimsuit One Piece Swimsuit
- DMMSS Ladies Autumn And Winter Cute Pajamas Coral Velvet Sleepwear Set Flannel Home Service Suit 2 Pieces Of Bathrobe Sets
- EthnicWear Best Hot Selling Party Festival Beige color Satin Jacquard Indian Saree
- Good hYOUman Womens Standard Vivian Legging
- Indian Ethnic Ready to wear Olive Green Parsi Neckline Full Sleeve Long Kurti Sharara Suit Dupatta 108okh
- Key Apparel Womens Bonded Fleece Lined Knit Jacket Outerwear
- London Times Women's Shantung Garden Floral Printed Full Skirt with Illusion Neckline
- MIRACLEBODY by Miraclesuit Women's Black Cerise Asymmetric Knit Top
- Ny2 Sportswear Figure Skating Polartec Polar Fleece Jacket Rhinestones JR303
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.