Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Desigual Women's 18WWTKBTblueE bluee Viscose Bodysuit
- ElleSilk Women's Silk Slip with Scoop Neckline, Hypoallergenic
- Gianfranco Ferre D8F69858 7 bluee Scarf for womens
- Herbal Heaven Ms. long section of the leather wallet
- Joseph Ribkoff Vanilla Top Style 191271
- Lemai Vintage Sheer 1 2 Sleeves Tulle Knee Length Short Prom Corset Cocktail Dresses
- Maternal America Eva Criss Cross Spaghetti Trim Tankini
- NCAA Traveler by Little Earth
- Petal Hem Half Zip Swimwear BurkiniFinal Sale
- Red ModeC Prom Dresses Evening Gowns Long HiLo Two Pieces Prom Party Gown with Pockets Off Shoulder
- Ruiyuhong Lace Beach Wedding Dresses High Low Gowns Cap Sleeve
- Stateside Womens Burnout French Terry Twist TShirt
- Twenty Easy By Kaos Women's FP037WHITE White Cotton Jumper
- White MAZF Winter Brand White Duck Down Jacket Female Hooded Coat
- XUGWLKJ Women's Backless V Neck Bodycon Cocktail Party Sequin Mini Dress
- 03 pairsbluee Women's Cushioned Running Socks, diwollsam 1 3 6 Pairs colorful Mesh Dry Fit Cotton Low Cut Hiking Camping Casual Socks
- ALLAK Womens Long Sleeve Open Front Buttons Cable Knit Sweater Cardigan
- Beautyfudre Women's Spaghetti Straps Empire Backless Mermaid Lace Wedding Dress
- Bridal Heavy Party Wear Collection Saree Sari Ceremony Bridal Wedding 620 20
- Columbia Womens PlusSize Lone Creek Jacket Plus Size
- Dotoo Winter Long Fur Collar Coat Women's Long Section Slim Thick Cotton Clothing
- Emmani Women's Beaded Sequins High Neck Mermaid Tulle Evening Prom Dresses
- Girls Purse Women's Wallet,Ladies Wallet Large Zipper Multifunctional Hand Bag Female Bulk Wallet PU Leather (color H)
- Ideology Women's MixedMedia Hooded Jacket Black Small
- Kasper Womens Stretch Crepe Sheath Dress (2) Dress
- Liu Jo Women's W19273T0197V9831 bluee Polyester Shirt
- MILANO BRIDE Simple Bridesmaid Dress Homecoming Gown OneShoulder Pleat Short
- Nine West Womens Sleeveless Blouse Blouse
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.