Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- DEED Super Sentimental Mesh Dress Sling Top
- Ellen Tracy Women's Linen Skort (XXLarge, Sandstone)
- Genuine Leather Women's Shoulder Bag STEPHIECATH Large Casual Soft Real Leather Skin Tote Vintage Snap Basket Carry Bag (COFFEE)
- Honey Qiao Women's Two Piece Bridesmaid Dresses Sequins High Waist Top Tulle Skirts Wedding Party Grows
- JUMILA Women's Sheer Half Sleeves Lace Bridesmaid Dress with Waist Belt Embroidered ALine Evening Dresses
- Light bluee MariRobe Women's Lace Applique Backless Prom Dress Long A Line Wedding Dress Strap V Neck Formal Party Drsss
- Maternity Wrap Dress, Elegant and Comfortable Women's Pregnant Women Photo Red Handmade Handmade Elegant Dress
- Neesha VNeck Cut Out Dress
- PHAX Long Beach Triangle TOP
- Red popcorn Women`s Stripes V Neck Shirt HiLow Hem Blouse 3 4 Sleeve Casual Top
- Rust to Peony Ombre Young Fabulous & Broke Womens Naomi Top Blouse
- Steampunk Gothic Dark Women Stage Slim Black Leather Skirt
- Twisted Freshwater Cultured Pearl Solitaire Earrings for Women with Diamond Ribbon
- White Polka Dots in Mustard WATANOSATO NoSleeves Hanten (Cotton Jacket Made in Japan KimonoStyle) Asian Size bluee
- Yamycka Long Sleeve Slim Plaid Sequins Dress for Women
- 04 Nile bluee Iandroiy Women's Summer Casual Plain Flowy Swimwear Cover Up Loose Beach Cami Maxi Dresses with Pockets
- Allegro Womens Plus Size Fashionable Cold Shoulder V Neck TOP Detail Made in USA
- Beautyin Women's Long Sleeve Rashguard Swimwear Rash Guard UV Shirts Surf Sun Shirt
- Bridal Saree Sari New Launch Collection Blouse Wedding Ceremony Women Punjabi 31
- Columbia Women's Polar Freeze Ski Down Jacket Omni Heat Winter Coat (L, Iris Glow)
- Dotoo Winter Women Slim Temperate Hooded Warm Padded Cotton Long Down Jacket
- EnjoySexy Winter Jacket Women Long Streetwear Autumn fausse Fourrure Coats Jackets Outerwear Covered Button
- Gloria Vanderbilt Plus Size Patty Belted Twill Capri Pants
- I'm My Own Brand gold Barcode
- Keepsake The Label Womens Secure Puff Sleeve Floral Short Mini Dress Dress
- LJHA Scarf Female Solid color Autumn Winter Scarf Shawl Long Scarf bluee 220 90cm
- Mimosa Silk Saree (166HwtMrn_Off White)
- Nocturnal White Columbia Womens Flash ForwardTM Windbreaker
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.