Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- DHWMSiamese Swimwear Sexy Swimsuit Exposed Back Split
- EVEDESIGN Women's Button Front Faux Leather Jacket Slim Fit Belted Long Blazer Trench Coat
- Gottex Womens Spring Embrace High Neck One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Hudson Jeans Womens Standard Holly High Rise Crop Skinny 5 Pocket Jean
- JYDX V Neck Prom Dresses Long Satin Evening Ball Gowns for Women Formal with Pockets
- Lilla P Women's Cotton Cashmere Long Sleeve Sweater Dress
- Maggy London Womens Drapey Linen Sketch Blossom High Low Fit and Flare Dress
- N Natori Women's Congo Robe Bathrobe
- Pakistani Gown Anarkali Shalwar Kameez Suit Wedding Ethnic Dress Sexy
- Rachel Roy Womens Plus Size Ls Sparkle Stripe Knit VNeck Dress Dress
- Rrive Womens Open Front Faux Fur Camo Print Hooded Warm Long Jacket Coat
- SSLR Women's Sunflowers Hawaiian High Rise Casual Flower Pants
- Turquoise tutu.vivi Women's Off Shoulder Tulle Lace Bridesmaid Dresses Long Evening Formal Gowns Short Sleeves
- White HonourSex Women High Waist Yoga Leggings,Tummy Control Fitness Jogging Capri Workout Everyday 4 Way Stretch Pants
- XSWPL Elegant Sheer Neck Appliques Sleeveless Short Evening Dress Plus size Formal
- 0.10 Carat (ctw) Sterling Silver Round Diamond Key Pendant, Free Chain
- Alion Women's LongSleeved Jacket Warp Traditional African Print Bodycon Top + Party High Waist Skirts Set
- Beauty7 Women Soft Stretch Cuffed Knit Beanie Cap Pompom Chunky Slouchy Oversize
- BREE Collection Nola New 100, bluee, Combi. Purse Grain, Women’s Wallet, 3x9x19.7 cm (B x H T)
- Columbia Women's Emanating Light Jacket
- Doramei Women's Strap Deep VNeck Backless Bodice Mermaid Trumpet Wedding Dress
- EVIDNT Women's Striped Asymmetrical Mini Skirt
- Graceprom Women's Sexy Spaghetti Straps Tassel Long Evening Dresses
- Inoa Women's Silk Musee Gypsy Top Multi Coloured
- Kirabon Women's Short Sleeve VNeck Swing Dress Retro Rockabilly Dress (color Red, Size S)
- Lotustraders Dress Mini Jacket Hooded 2 Piece Set M683
- MittyDressesWomens Evening Homecoming Prom Party Cocktail Dress Size 24W US Peacock
- Obey Womens Carmen Boyfriend Fit Oversized Plaid Flannel Shirt ButtonDown Shirt
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.