Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Desigual Women's 18SWBD08LIGHTblueE Light bluee Viscose Tank Top
- Esky Skye Women's by The Sea Rachel Molded Cup Halter Bikini Top
- gold frame KOKMOTYJ Retro Polarized Sunglasses for Classic Trendy Stylish Sunglasses for Men Women 100% UV Predection
- HUIYUE Sun Predection Hat,Foldable Visor Cap Summer Sun Straw Hat Organza
- Kangra Women's 66002514 Beige Wool Hat
- Lilyla Womens Sequined Long Bridesmaid Dresses Deep V Neck A Line Prom Formal Gowns
- Marie Jo 0500413 Women's Avero Night Grey Knickers Full Brief
- Navy bluee Sulidi Women's Halter Two Pieces Floral Printed Prom Dresses Long Satin Pleated Evening Formal Gown C095
- Peacock (bluee) Eddie Bauer Women's CirrusLite 2.0 Down Parka
- Red 9 Crowns Womens Slim FIt Moto Tracksuit Hoodie Sweat Pants Set
- ROZKITCH Cable Knit Slouchy Beanie Hat Winter Warm Chunky Soft Oversized Cap for Women
- Ss05coffee Women's Punk Waist Belt Body Chain Faux Leather Harness Adjustable with Buckles and ORings
- Turquoise Rmaytiked Womens V Neck Prom Dresses Long 2019 Satin A Line Formal Evening Ball Gowns with Pockets
- White Handbags for Women,Tassel Metal Sequins Crossbody Shoulder Bag Tote Bag Satchel
- Xscape Women's Short Side Ruch Short Sleeve Glitter Lace Dress
- Jordann Jammies Navy and Pink Women's Pajama Set Super Soft and Slimming
- Aidan Mattox Womens Halter Column Gown Special Occasion Dress
- BCBGeneration Womens Ruffle Hem Eyelet Romper Jumpsuit
- bluee Womens Yoga Sport Bra Light Support Strappy Free To Be Bra Lady Comfortable Oytdoor Gym
- Classy Bride Rhinestone Bridesmaid Satin Robe by
- DINGZAN 2018 Sheath Short Skirt Long Tulle Holiday Bridesmaid Dresses Camo
- ERaBLe Multipurpose Women Fur Shawls and Wraps for Evening Dress Handmade
- Gocgt Women Pants Shirt Military Combat Trousers Sets
- INC International Concepts Embellished Sundress Dress
- Kelaixiang Women's Off The Shoulder Homecoming Party Cocktail Dress
- LKCENCA Women's Wool Blend Winter Fleece DoubleBreasted Belt Coat Jacket
- MINGXINTECH Women's Halter Swimdress Monroe One Piece Swimwear
- Norma Kamali Womens Halter Sweetheart Mio One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.