Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Desigual Women's 19SWVW92BLACK Black Polyester Dress
- Equilibrium Post Op Compression Garment Panty Length Open Bust High Back Bodysuit One Piece with Sleeves C9015
- GOBLES Women Solid Casual Work Trousers High Waist Ruffle Bow Tie Pants
- Hugme Cotton Pink Ruffles & Bow Lolita Skirt
- Kaitaijidian Women's Sweetheart Beading Short Aline Prom Homecoming Dress Plus Size Bridemaid Dresses 523
- Lilly Pulitzer Womens UPF 50+ Nadia Meryl Nylon Skort Tennis Shorts
- Made by Johnny MBJ WB670 Womens FoldOver Maxi Skirt XXXL MINT
- MyBatua Women's Classical Party wear Feiyaz Tunic in pink Pink
- Paisley pink Jacquard Scarf Women's Fashion Shawl Long Soft Accent Wrap
- Rachel Rachel Roy Womens One Shoulder Floral Print Maxi Dress
- RSTJSjcw Women's Mountain Snow Waterproof Ski Hood Windproof Fleece Rain Winter Coat
- St Patrick's Day Suitmeister Fun Suits Includes Jacket, Pants & Tie
- Turquoise VaniaDress Women V Neck Half Sleeveles Long Evening Dress Formal Gowns V265LF
- White IBKUL Women's Solid Mock Neck 80000
- XSWPL Off Shoulder Lace Beaded Long A Line Formal Prom Dresses Evening Gowns
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings W4ZL4H Aries Round Cabochon Base
- AMOIRE YOGA Womens Sleeveless Round Neck Loose Fit Workout Yoga Fitness Tank Top with Builtin Bra
- Belugue Women's Shapewear Tummy Control Panties High Waist Lace Shaper Briefs
- Bubble B Women's Floral Print Peplum Cold Shoulder Top With Necklace bluee
- Coral Mother of The Bride Dresses with Sleeves Long Evening Gowns Plus Size Lace Mother Dress
- Dressever Vintage 1950s Short Tulle Petticoat Ballet Bubble Tutu
- EllieHouse Women's Lace Short Sleeve Bolero Jacket Wedding Bridal Wraps WJ36
- GiftPiper Maheshwari Block Print Saree Handloom Turquoise
- I4luv Short Dress meen Green, Medium
- KAREN MILLEN Fashions Limited Women's Brompton TopHandle Bag
- Lira Womens Victory Plaid Dress Dress
- Midnight bluee Lola Jeans Women's Blair Mid Rise 4Way Stretch Skinny Jean
- Nikibiki Black Light bluee One Shoulder Sparkle Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.