Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Dark Beige Cottonna Women's Turkish Cotton Bathrobe Kimono Style Knee Length Terry Cloth Robe
- Eliza J Womens Short Sleeve Sheath with Front Pockets (Regular & Petite) Dress
- Gem Stone King 1.20 Ct Heart Shape Green Mystic Topaz 925 Sterling Silver Dangle Earrings
- Homdor Elegant Off Shoulder Evening Dress with Beaded Sashes Satin Women's Prom Dresses
- JUICY COUTURE Sunglasses 566 F S 0086 Havana 56MM
- Liebeskind Berlin Women's Ula Multpo Bag Organisers
- MACloth Women Strapless Wedding Party Evening Gown Sequin Long Bridesmaid Dress
- My Michelle Womens Two Piece Long Prom Dress with Lace and Jewels Dress
- PAIGE Womens Rhoda Jacket Jacket
- Rachel Pally Womens Linen Tory Jumpsuit Jumpsuit
- Sag Harbor Womens Pullon Godet Skirt Skirt
- Stripe Right SCOUT Daytripper Everyday Tote Bag, Shoulder Bag, Water Resistant, Wipes Clean, Zips Closed, Tally Girl
- UGP Campus Apparel NCAA Basic Block, Team color Ladies French Terry Sweatshirt, College, University
- White7 FaceRain Womens Sports Bra Fitness Yoga Tops Wireless Workout Running Bras
- Yellow Minibee Women's A Line Button Shirts Blouses Embroidered Patchwork Loose Linen Tunic Tops Fit US L2XL
- 1.25 Inch Nylon Web Belt with HighStrength Adjustable Buckle, Unisex (Small, bluee)
- Alo Yoga Women's Power Crop (Medium, Agave)
- BedHead Pajamas Pink 3D Cotton L S Classic Pajama Top 1068C043
- Brilliant White GUESS Womens Long Sleeve Sage Embroidered Top Dress Shirt
- Commando Women's Smoothed Not Stuffed Shaping Full Slip
- Drasawee Fashion Strapless Ball Gown Short Prom Homecoming Cocktail Party Dress
- Ellen Tracy Womens Lace Gown with Scallopped Edges Dress
- Genuine Leather Women Cowhide Shoulder Business Bag
- Hutch Women's Multi Floral Burst Border Print Tank Dress
- Karen Kane Womens Embroidered Long Sleeve Tee
- Lin Women's 2 Pack Criss Cross Sports Bras Light Support Racerback Yoga Workout Cami Bras
- MHRITA Nightwear Female Winter Coral Cashmere Jacket Head Striped Casual and Velvet Home Clothing Thickening Autumn and Winter Flannel,XL
- Nike USA Womens 3rd Jersey [Gym RED]
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.