Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- DaisyFormals® Long Spaghetti Straps Bridesmaid Formal Dress(BM29023)
- Equilibrium Women's Postsurgical Girdle High Back
- GOBLES Women's Sexy Bodycon Spaghetti Strap Ruched Lace Up Mini Club Dress
- IC Collection Asymetric HighLow Jacket In Teal Multi
- Karever Women's Sequined Long Bridesmaid Dresses One Shoulder Pleat pink gold Wedding Party Gown
- LISA.MOON Women's High Neck Back Hole Beading Lace Applique Tulle Evening Dress
- Mara Hoffman Womens Maven Double Tie Front One Piece Swimsuit OnePiece Swimsuit
- Nautica Women's Short Sleeve Tee
- Pattern14 HEFASDM Women ShortSleeve Ethnic Ball Gown African Style Irregular Long Dress
- Rather be Plus Size Denim Dress for Women Clothes Fashion Diamond Pocket Side Split Shirt Shirt Dress Large Size 4XL 5XL
- Scarf, Autumn and Winter Ladies Solid color Warm Lamb Loop Yarn Shawl Scarf 200cm
- Sunglasses Female Polygon Large Frame Nylon Lens Hollow Personality Sunglasses Female (color Pink, Size 55mm64mm)
- V Neck Halter Sleeveless Backless Split Sequin Metallic Evening Maxi Women Dress
- WL Dressing Gown Women and Men Waffle Kimono Robe Coral Fleece Unisex Bathrobe Long Towelling Robe Housecoat Nightwear Wears with Pockets and Belt,purplefemale,L
- YOUTODRESS Organza Prom Homecoming Dresses Off Shouder Lace Knee Length Formal Dress
- New Bullhide Lil' Pardner Sun West Concho Straw Youth Hat Turquoise
- AKG Square Mirror UV400 Polarized Sunglasses for Men Women with Zipper Case 17021
- BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens Noah Asymmetrical Lace Peplum Dress Cocktail Dress
- bluesh Pink Maid of Honor in Silver INeedThisRobe Satin Embroidered Wedding Robes for Bride, Bridesmaid, Maid of Honor, Flower Girl
- Coal Harbour Women's Everyday Fleece Jacket
- Dissa S8812 Women Vintage Short Sleeve Midi Cocktail Plus Size Silk Summer Dress
- Elliatt Women's Apparel Womens Soiree Baroque Lace Cold Shoulder Midi Sheath Dress Cocktail Dress
- Gianni Conti [P3022] Leather zip compartment 'Gianni Conti' vintage navy 18.5x10.5x2 cm (7.28''x4.13''x0.79'').
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Petite Printed WideSleeve Top
- Karen Kane Womens TieFront Top Blouse
- Liquorbrand Small Bowling bag purse Amigos
- Midi Cotton Striped Skirt Flare Aline High Waist Knee Length Vintage Zippered Skirts for Women
- Nike Womens Tight Pull On Athletic Leggings
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.