Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Dark Red Wanshaqin Women's Off The Shoulder Sweetheart Evening Gown Formal Wedding Party Dress for Brides with Cloak Back Tail
- Ermonn Women Distressed Denim Jeans Skinny Stretch Roll Up Ripped bluee Jeans Pants
- Fuchsia YOUTODRESS Women's Off The Shoulder Applique Evening Dresses Tulle ALine Long Formal
- HTOOHTOOH Womens Long Sleeve Fleece Lined Warm Loose Fit Quilted Trench Jacket
- Jusxout American Flag Jeep Skull Hat Beanie Hat Women
- LiBridal Women's Sexy Deep V Neck Prom Evening Dress Halter Long Formal Cocktail Party Gown
- Maloja MadisonM. Multi 1 2 Multi Shirt 12 Smoke
- Natori Womens Embroidered Long Sleeves Sleep Shirt White S
- Peach Uther Formal Prom Dresses Off The Shoulder Appliques Long Evening Party Gowns Organza
- Purple Female Wallet Handbags Handbag Kraft Handbag Bag Purse,RedOneSize
- S13 Womens Canyon Thigh Length Sherpa Lined Parka with Faux Fur Hood Parka
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.