Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 4 Pair color 07 Running Socks Support, HUSO Men Women High Performance Arch Compression Cushioned Quarter Socks 1,2,3,4,6 Pairs
- Alice & Olivia Pink Dani One Shoulder Drape Top
- Beautiful Yellow gold 10K Yellowgold 10k Polished Endless Tube Hoop Earrings
- Boss Hugo Boss 0742 S Sunglasses
- colorfulspace YuooMuoo 2016 Autumn Winter Coat Women Wool Medium Long bluee Woolen Jacket Women Coat
- Velvet long Lucky Shop Winter Fashion Street Woman Casual Camouflage Down Jacket Safari Coat with Hood
- Women Hooded Raincoat Women's Variety of Waterproof Raincoat Waist Hooded Long Coat Raincoat Outdoor Raincoat Female Reusable Rainwear for Adult (color bluee, Size S)
- Zalalus Women's Elegant High Neck Short Sleeves Lace Cocktail Party Dress
- Danskin Women's Dance Dress with Mesh Skirt
- Eric Javits Luxury Fashion Designer Women's Headwear Hat Wool Planter
- Gocgt Women's Double Breasted Long Plaid Wool Blend Peacoat Outerwear
- INC International Concepts Emaa Zip Large Satchel
- Kelaixiang Women's Mother of Bride Dress Lace Applique HiLow Evening Dress
- LKCENCA Womens Winter Warm Zip up Slim Faux Fur Lined Hooded Jacket Outwear Coat
- Maternal America Strapless Cocktail Dress
- NCAA Duke bluee Devils Jewelry Sterling Silver Women's Charms and Charm Beads
- Petal Pink FeiYueXinXing Women's V Neck Cold Shoulder Prom Gown Long Bridesmaid Dresses Evening Skirt
- Red Modern Dance Skirt Big Swing Skirt Lace Silk Dress, National Dance Dress Waltz Practice Skirt
- Sandra Darren Womens 2 Pc 3 4 Sleeve Stripe Textured Knit Jacket Dress Set Dress
- Sulidi Women's Deep V Neck Prom Dress A Line Lace Beaded Pageant Gowns Illusion Back Party Dresses C078
- Unisex Changing Bath Robe Diving Cloak Snorkeling Hooded QuickDrying Bathrobe Beach Towel Adult Swimming Towel Clothing Men and Women Changing Clothes Cover for Beach Surf Swim Triathlon
- Wine Red ZEGOLO Women's Long Sleeved Open Front Cropped Cardigan Casual Knitwear Shrug Draped Ruffles Lightweight Cardigans
- YIRENWANSHA Sexy Homecoming Dresses 2018 Satin Prom Gown with Pocket Short Juniors Skirts H011
- 1 Fashion Fashion Good looking Wool Women Men Fedora Top Hat For Magician Steampunk Hat Creative
- Allison Brittney Women's Plus Size Long Sleeve Boat Neck Top with Leather Trim Sleeves and Assymetrical Hem
- Bebe Maria Quilted Large Backpack Taupe
- BridalAffair Women's Beaded Halter Homecoming Dress Short Tulle Prom Dress
- Columbia Women's Trail Shaker Long Sleeve Shirt
- DoubleFaced Short Section Thick Ladies Down Jacket Women Coat
- Eva Varro Women's Cut in Front Duster
- Gottex Women's Creole Two Piece Bikini Set
- Indian Silks Kanjivaram Handloom Pure Silk Saree(IS386)
- Kiind Of Womens Metallic Printed Blouse
- Longitude Women's Swimwear Full of Shade VNeckline Side Shirred Surplice Tummy Control Long Torso One Piece Swimsuit bluee
- Miss Me Women's Firework Mid Rise Slim Boot Cut Denim Jean
- NYDJ Womens Petite Sheri Skinny
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.