Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- A Paioup Fashion Scarves Fall winter knitting yarns scarf solid color scarf dualse longer thicker shawl
- Autumn And Winter New Heavy Work Sequin Embroidery Leaf Knit Sweater Set Twopiece
- Avril Dress Mermaid Halter Satin Lace Sleeveless Wedding Dress Court Length
- Black VearFit Women's Hooded Black Biker Motorcycle Faux Leather Jacket Missy Regular & Plus Size
- Celmia Women Sexy Off Shoulder Floral Print Tie Sleeve Split Maxi Long Dress
- Trulife Naturalwear 630 Active Flow Swim Activity Form
- Westward Bound Inferno Latex Rubber Dress. Black with Pearl Sheen Fuchsia Trim.
- XINGZHE Sunglasses Polarized, UVResistant, Retro Harajuku, Elegant, Ladies Driving Shopping Street Shooting, Outdoor Activities, 5 colors to Choose from Sunglasses
- Daze Hudson Jeans Womens Barbara High Rise Super Skinny Jean
- European and American Swimwear Trade Printing onePiece Bikini
- Gossard Women's VIP Eyelash Padded Longline Bra
- HSDJ Women's Birthday Party Puffy Ball Gowns Beaded Sweet 16 Quinceanera Dresses
- Just Female Women's Nao SS Jumpsuit (Black)
- LIKELY Womens Welsey Faux Fur Jacket Dress
- Maison Jules Women's TwoButton LongSleeve Blazer
- NAN Liang Women's Winter bathrobe, 100% Cotton bathrobe, Pajamas, Fashion Luxury Thick Sling Soft (Size XL)
- Parchment Joie Womens Lively Blouse
- Rain Jacket Women Waterproof with Hood Packable Raincoat Breathable Lightweight Windbreaker Rainproof Womens (SXXL)
- Sawan Women's ChomThong Hand Woven Cotton Sleeveless Asymmetry Dress
- Suncolor8 Women DoubleBreasted Belted Slim Fit Solid Long Trench Coat Jacket Outwear
- US HANDMADE SENORITA PIN UP GIRLS LATINO 50's Pattern COTTON FABRIC US Handmade Doctor Bag Satchel Style Handbag Purse, LDRB 1519
- Winter Women Girls High Socks Female Two bar Twist Piles of Socks Striped Long Knee Socks (color White) Leg Warmers
- YONGYONG Autumn and Winter LongSleeved Pajamas Set ButtonStyle Suede Loose Couple Home Wear (color bluee Male, Size M)
- Sunglasses Men And Women Metal Large Frame Nylon Lens Trend Sunglasses Driver Couple Driving Mirror Silver Frame Ice bluee
- Alexia Admor Womens Scuba Midi Sheath Dress
- Beautier Multicolor Sparkling Purse Elegant Evening Party Handbags for women
- BOJIN Women's Skinny Jeans High Waist Stretch Ripped Distressed Denim Butt Lift Pants
- Cole Haan Jade Leather Continental Zip Around Wallet
- DL1961 Womens Standard Jess Maternity Mid Rise Instasculpt Skinny
- Eliza J Womens Sleeveless FullLength Evening Dress
- Gem Stone King 2.00 Ct Round 6mm Pink Mystic Topaz 14K White gold Martini Stud Earrings
- Hugme White Cotton Lolita Blouse Long Sleeves Stand Collar Lace Trim Lace Up
- Kaktus Women's Brocade Wool Coat
- Lilly Pulitzer Women's Wynne Maxi Dress
- METTE Women's Printing Pattern Tassels Scarf Travelling Wrap Shawl
- Nightcap Clothing Women's Swing Top
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.