Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- 200 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots D6YB8 Thai Elephant
- Antaina Black Cotton Ruffle Lace Puff Retro Gothic Punk Lolita Cosplay Dress
- BILLABONG Womens Away We Go Volley Board Shorts
- C.C C9 by Champion Juniors Lightweight Knit Capri
- Crushin' Hudson Jeans Womens Standard Nico Midrise Super Skinny 5 Pocket Jean
- Tortor 1Bacha Women Ladies Plum Blossom Floral Embroidered Trench Coat Jacket
- Wanshaqin Women's Aline Sweetheart Black gold Lace Crystals Beaded Tulle Prom Evening Dresses Long Formal Gowns
- Women's Wedding Bridal Cathedral Length Veil Hair Accessories with Free Comb Ivory
- Day & Mood Womens Elm Hobo
- Eve's Temptation Joyce Unlined Bra
- Graceprom gold Lace Appliques Quinceanera Dress Black Ball Gown Prom Dress
- HONGFUYU Women's Halter Lace Two Piece Prom Dress Gorgeous Beading Formal Occasion Dress
- JUN Women's Cashmere Scarf Winter New Trend Fashion Student Joker Thicken Warm Super Large Shawl (color B)
- Light Champagne Sophie Women's Beaded Crystal Sweetheart Sweet 15 Ball Gowns Lace Up Party Quinceanera Prom Dresses S201
- Marina Rinaldi Women's Big Sleeveless Blouse Green
- Navy bluee YnanLi Dress Short Off Shoulder Homecoming Dresses for Junior Cocktail Ball Gown with Pocket
- Pearl Izumi Ride Women's MTB Barrier Jacket
- Red ASBridal Prom Dress Long Evening Gowns with Crystal Belts Formal Prom Party Dresses Tulle Ruffles Backless 2019
- Scotch & Soda Womens bluee Heroes Silky Sporty Bomber Jacket
- Sunset Cloud Splendid Womens Scoop Neck Sleeveless Shift Tank Dress Casual Dress
- Vampal White Vintage Lace Applique Long Sleeve Tea Length Wedding Dress
- Women 100% Mulberry Soft Silk Long Scarf Breathable Lightweight
- YSMei Women's Vintage Floral Print Long Prom Dress A line Evening Dress YFP03
- 100 Pieces Keychain Keyring Door Car Key Chain Ring Tag Charms Bulk Supply Jewelry Making Clasp Findings F9GR1E Flat Skull
- American pink Womens Kiera Fit and Flare Dress
- Belle House Women's Long Prom Dresses V Neck Tulle A Line Evening Gowns with Beading
- Brunello Cucinelli Women's Fire Brick Red Cotton Pants 6 42
- COOrun Women's Light Support Strappy Open Back Wirefree Removable Cups Workout Sports Bras
- Dress the Population Womens Dana Long Sleeve Velvet Mini Dress Dress
- Eyeglasses Swarovski SW 5068 089 Cyberia Size 5317135
- Gravel Marathon Alo Yoga Womens High Waist Airlift Airbrush Legging Leggings
- Irish Celtic Silk & Wool Pashmina Scarf by Patrick Francis
- Kmformals Women's Cap Sleeve Bridesmaid Prom Evening Dresses
- LSpace Women's Rita One Piece
- Modeldress Satin Prom Dresses 2018 Off Shoulder Split Prom Party Dresses
- Office Lady Solid Women Long Woolen Coat Covered Button Women's Jacket TurnDown Collar Cashmere Coat and Jacket
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.