Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Pendleton Womens Petite Simple Short Sleeve Shift Dress Dress
- Red Fashionbride Women's Halter Backless Beaded Formal Party Gown Front Slit Long Prom Dress
- SHUSHI Womens Bathing Suits Cover Up Kaftan Maxi Dress Sequins Mandala Print
- Tasc Performance Sprinter ii 7 8 Tight
- Ti2 Titanium Womens Woodland Large Butterfly Pendant Purple
- Vogue VO3936B Eyeglasses939 Metallized Light Brown54mm
- Woolrich Womens Meadow Forks Long Sleeve Tee TShirt
- 1.State Womens Ruffle One Shoulder Blouse
- Alta Vision Sunglasses Sport Boulder Frame Black Lens orangeLR99167RED
- BCBGeneration Womens Off Shoulder Ruffle Tier Dress Special Occasion Dress
- bluee Women Lady Girl Women's Printed Tassel Open Front Poncho Cape Cardigan Wrap Shawl Party Lightweight Scarf (color Red)
- Classic Leather Squeeze Coin Purse change Holder With Key Ring For Men By Nabob Leather
- Dale of Norway Myking Feminine Sweater
- Ellystar Women's Sweetheart Satin Mermaid Long Backless Sleeveless Prom Dresses
- Girl Style Womens Pajama Set Knit Pajama Pants and Camisole with Lace Trim L1083CP
- Ice Pink YnanLi Dress ALine Halter Neck Bridesmaid Dresses Long Wedding Party Evening Gown
- Jxfd Women's Classic Fit Cotton Washed Distressed Boyfriend Jean Denim Jacket
- purplec OVESPORT Women's Racerback Sport Bras Light Support Padded Strap Yoga Runnings Bra
- MenaliaDress Womens Lace Short Sleeves Bridesmaid Dresses Prom Gown M103LF
- Nicefashion V Neck Elegant Long Lace Evening Dress Semi Formal Prom Gowns
- Pinkstar French Vintage Dresses TurnDown Collar Sashes Bow Elegant Party Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.