Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 2.86 Ct Oval Yellow Citrine White Created Sapphire 14K Yellow gold Earrings
- ANRABESS Women Fluffy Warm Winter Long Faux Fur Coat Jacket Thick with Hooded
- Bikini Ladies Swimsuit Bra Bikini, White, M (color , Size )
- C&E CeCe Poplin Off The Shoulder Blouse
- Cruiize Womens Fashion Crewneck Moto Short Faux Leather Jacket Coat
- Tori Praver Riviera Check LOLA TOP
- Wancy Women's Strapless Vintage Floral Print Party Long Casual Maxi Dress with Pocket Black XLarge
- Women's WalletLeather Zipper Design MultiFunction Large Capacity Hand Takein Purse,Red
- Desigual Short Dresses Woman Vest Sia 19SWMW17
- Elufly Women's Large Wide Brim Floppy Brim Summer Beach Sun Hat Foldable Straw Cap Party Garden Travel UPF40+ Sunscreen
- Girls Purse Handmade Ramie Clutch Wallet Card Holder Mobile Phone Bag (color Red) (color Red)
- Hilary Duff Muse Susan Round Women Designer Sunglasses UV Predection Nonpolarized
- JoyVany Women's Straps Soft Net Prom Dress Evening Sweetheart Long Ruffles Dress
- Lexi Women's Super Comfy Stretch Denim Skinny Jeans XPS37375SK Black 8
- Maier sports nilpantalon zip off pour femme aspect Beige FR 46 (size fabricant 44)
- Nally & Millie Womens Floral Print Oversize Top
- Pandapang Women's Slim Faux Fur Hood Puffer Down Long Outwears Jackets
- Rag & Bone Bright White Bowery 2 Slim Twill Pants Jeans 30
- Scarf for Gift Scarf Women's Autumn and Winter Stripes Long Section Thick Versatile Large Shawl Warm Scarf Dualuse (color Coffee) Classic Scarf (color Coffee)
- SUNGAIT Classic Polarized Aviator Sunglasses Men's Women's Vintage Sun Glasses
- UUYUKWomen Vogue Thicken Hoodie Wool Lamb Lined Denim Jacket Coat Outwear
- Wishopping Women's Short Sweetheart Neckline Prom Gown Homecoming Dress WH160
- Young Fabulous & Broke Women Medium Ruched Sheath Dress Pink M
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women A Beautiful Rajasthani Ornage Skirt with Border(Light orange)(SMSKT521)
- Aidan Mattox Aidan Women's Long Sleeve Lace and Sequin Cocktail Dress
- BCBGeneration Women's Open Back Slvless Romper
- bluee Women Silk Long Scarf Luxury Soft Lady Mulberry Silk Scarves Fashion Stain Smooth Shawls Thin Lightweight Wraps Spring Summer
- Classic Outfitters Jessica Jones Krysten Ritter Black Real Leather Jacket
- DingDingMail Sunweddingdress Women's Jewel Lace Applique Long Sleeve Chapel Wedding Dress Ivory
- ESPRIT Women 028ea1o052 CrossBody Bag
- gold Mother of The Bride Dresses VNeck Long Mother of Groom Dress Plus Size Evening Gowns
- Inc Womens Satin Tassel Blouse orange S
- Kensie Womens Polka Dot Shift Dress
- LOLE Women's Light 2 Vest
- Mint Green Lemai Long Wedding Cloak with Hooded Cape Winter Fur Trim and Hand Muff 50 55 59 71 Inches (20 colors)
- NUE by Shani Women's Animal Print One Shoulder Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.